Monday, March 24, 2014
My Burt’s Bees came in! I’m so happy! If there is one thing I like, it’s natural solutions to everyday things. I got a good deal on these, as well.
First off, just what is Burt’s Bees? They are a sister company to Clorox – yes, you read right – describing themselves as “Earth friendly, natural personal care company”. They believe in the “Greater Good” to be their motto and decide to be held by their natural ingredients. They were started by Bert Shavitz and Roxanne Quimby. (Burt’s Bees
On the site (Burt’s Bees I purchased a “Fall Grab Bag” from the outlet. In it, $50 worth of random things. I got it for $15!
1. Radiance: Toner (with Royal Jelly) – “Our toner, featuring Royal Jelly, one of nature’s most nutritious substances, removes the last traces of dirt, oil and make-up, revealing a smooth and radiant complexion.
2. Anti-Blemish Solutions: Targeted Spot Treatment with Willow Bark.
3. Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil.
4. Radiance: Lip Shimmer.
5. Loofa! (It’s extra soft.)
6. Radiance: Facial Cleanser.
7. Energizing Body Bar (Mango and Orange) – “This nourishing, French – milled bar soap combines Mango Extract and Orange Oils with Cocoa Seed Butter to create an energizing bath experience leaving skin feeling soft and invigorated.”
8. Replenishing Body Bar (Cranberry and Pomegranite) – “This replenishing, French – milled bar soap is infused with the antioxidant goodness of Cranberries and Pomegranate Seeds, and provides a rich, natural lather leaving skin smooth and rejuvenated.”
9. Muscle Mend: Sore Muscle Balm. (which is helping my Tendonitis – a runner’s dream.)
The next I bought was the Natural Acne Solutions. In it: Purifying Gel Cleanser, Moisturizing Lotion, and Spot Treatment.
What I like about the Moisturizing Lotion especially is that I have extremely dry skin, especially this time of year and it’s hard to find good moisturizers that aren’t heavy. This one is light and moisturizes deep enough while still letting my skin breath and not clogging the pores. The only one I’ve found close to it are the ones made by Mary Kay. I payed around $30 something for this kit.